I can't tell you how many stories Matt tells me that have opened with "Did you ever watch Seinfeld?" Seinfeld ran from 1989-1998 and was one of the most popular sitcoms of my "time." Probably airing during the peak of my television watching days. Pretty much EVERYONE has seen Seinfeld. The fact that Matt has asked me these questions more than once as a prelude to whatever goofy story he is about to tell, makes it even worse. Yes Matt, for the 100th time, I have, indeed, seen Seinfeld. Yes, I know what episode you're talking about. I think the reason he does this is because he only has about 5 shows in his repertoire. One, as previously discussed in a blog, is "This Old House," apparently "Seinfeld", "Home Improvement", a couple of other shows that none of us have probably ever heard of. Probably on the hunting or HGTV channels. He has no idea what Bobby's World is. I don't think he ever even watched Power Rangers. Seriously, the kid's favorite show currently is called "Black Gold" and it's based out of Midland. Luckily, I find this to be an endearing quality about him. He can also build some really cool stuff. The house is coming along quite nicely (minus the shuffle board).
Anyway, I tell you all of this because I assume that you know what Seinfeld is. Well, I regard my blog, to really be the Seinfeld of blogs. The blog about nothing. There truly is no running theme. Each post you get whatever pops into my head as "blog-worthy". As of today, from February 24th, 2010 I have had 1406 blog hits. I have posted 83 times for an average of 17 reads per blog entry. My highest viewed blog was hit 58 times about my (Mis) adventures in Texas.
After learning all of this information (I only learned about 4 days ago that this information was even available) I ask myself, should there be a purpose? I am opening myself to let people into my thoughts and opinions, should there be a take away point?
I aspire to one day have a blog like The Pioneer Woman. She's my blogging idol. Check her out here. She has all of these cool subsections so her blogs are more organized. One day my friends, one day. I don't plan to ever make any money off of my blog, publish books, or do anything other than just air my thoughts, but who knows? It's a crazy world out there! If I could ever produce something that was in the slightest bit conclusive, people might even buy in to this whole thing.
But in the mean time, is there a take away point? Something that will leave you with a thought? Something that will change something about you, my loyal readers? I guess that's up to you. But the answer is: probably not. But if you do find some revelation from my posts, you're gonna have a random time getting there. Because this is, indeed, the blog about nothing.





0 comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment! I love reading your thoughts even more than you love reading mine!