Several months ago I was talking to Krissy (my big in Alpha Delta Pi) on the phone and at the end of the conversation (which included the usage of the Chinese Gender Predictor) she told me that she wanted to throw me a baby shower. I was pretty excited to know that someone wanted to host an event for me to welcome our child (no gender yet) into the world. Not long after Anna (my little in the sorority) lets me know that she and Hasley want to throw me a shower. And very shortly after that Lo says something like "So what's going on with your shower? How do I get involved?"
Anna also mentioned when she offered that I needed to butt out of the whole thing because I tend to want to plan and know what's going on. So after an email to help them collaborate and a spreadsheet for the guest list, I left them to plan what turned out to be one of the most special weekends of my life. Maybe it's the hormones talking but to have the fact that I have incredible friends play itself out in the form of so much love over a weekend, I barely have the words. Well, really, I always have words. So here they are.
On Friday afternoon Hasley showed up to my house with the cake and shortly thereafter Krissy came in the door from her flight. We went to lunch at The Mule for some local OKC fare. Then we went shopping and Krissy bought me a top for my shower. We ran around and picked up a few things for the shower because there were so many sweet details. We had a calm evening and then all of the festivities began the next day.
We had a light lunch at our house for those who were already in town and my parents and Matt's got to spend some time together. Then we were off to the shower.
![]() |
| The Wonderful Women that Threw My Shower |
We have a Motto? Theme? Saying? in Alpha Delta Pi which is First. Finest. Forever. Therefore this inclusion on the cake made me a little weepy.
And so we did the whole gift unwrapping thing which was interlaced with games which really helped pace the party and offer some variety. Good thinking!
Is this not the cutest little bathing suit you have ever seen? And it came with sunglasses. And she got a pink one. I hope Cline swims like her mom... Maybe not this year. Or next, but eventually.
And there were some winners of the party games. It's only appropriate that pink champagne would be a prize at my shower.
There were so many sweet gifts full of personalization, practicality, and creativity. These are onesies and socks shaped into cupcakes. Adorable.
This is my adeepi family.
You may remember them from this other very special event. They mean so much to me and to go through these seasons of life with them makes me realize even more how important these relationships are to me.
And the women of Alpha Delta Pi. I pledged the sorority in 2005. Nearly 10 years later I say this was the most incredible investment. The fact that I am more than willing to share in their joys throughout our lives as they have in mine says a great deal about the staying power of sorority life. #foreverismyfavoritepart
And of course my mom. She has been great with this baby business. She is so excited I fear she may forget who I am after March. But if I can get in a few naps, I'll let her have her fun.
Note: Somehow I didn't get a picture with Matt's mom but it was special to have her there as well. She got us a diaper bag which was more like a Mary Poppins bag with all the sweet items that were in there.
After the shower several of us went back to my house and ate and hung out and I laughed so hard I nearly cried. I certainly did not have much of a voice the next day. Below are the remnants of a great time... with only 6 eligible drinkers. I say good for them.
The next morning we had brunch and said our goodbyes. Obviously I had an incredible weekend. We are much more prepared for Cline's arrival now. Also during this wonderful celebration I acquired a sinus infection because I am the idiot that mentioned last week I haven't been sick this entire pregnancy. And now have been on my death bed. I used my last shred of energy on the weekend. At this moment I am rekindling my relationship with the Gilmore Girls, my hand is cramped from writing Thank You cards, and wrapping up this blog while it's fresh on my mind. I am just grateful for the whole experience.





















0 comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment! I love reading your thoughts even more than you love reading mine!