Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh The Places I Go!

This weekend is pretty exciting. It's the annual Calf Fry (Testicle Festival if you well). Every year I buy tickets for Matt and I for Matt's birthday and we enjoy this fantastic 4 day concert of Red Dirt greatness. Wednesday night I headed up to Stillwater to see the Turnpike Troubadours (a local favorite) and Eli Young Band. This required staying up wayyyyy too late but it was very worth it.

Now it needs to be said that the weather at Calf Fry rarely cooperates. So far, we are practically getting swept away by tornadoes (see hair left)

One should always pack their rain boots for the weekend, because if it rains the place will be a total mud pit. Guess what happened this morning? Yeah... it rained. Water boots are sexy? Right? I especially love the girls that wear the heels or flip flops in the mud pit. I'll try to catch a picture or even video of that if I can.
This is the lead singer of the Turnpike Troubadours. They are very very talented and I hope that they go far. You should look 'em up!
Now I am back to work to wrap up a few things and go to a meeting- then back to Stillwater to continue in Calf Fry! Next up is Cross Canadian Ragweed and Miranda Lambert.
The best part of calf fry is getting to spend some final moments with friends before they leave. There's a lot of people leaving and I'm so sad to see them go. Good friends keep in touch, so I suppose this will just be a test of our friendship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I love reading your thoughts even more than you love reading mine!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More